Chocolate Okara Pound Cake
This easy pound cake is a simply way to mix up dessert time. Add toppings of your choice - it's the perfect chocolate cake base for any flavor combination (peanut butter + chocolate, fruit + chocolate, caramel + chocolate - you get it). Or eat this bad boy plain and delight in its pure rich chocolate taste.
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp okara flour
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 1/4 cup 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
2. Grease a loaf pan. If desired, line with parchment paper.
3. Place okara flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and milk in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until chocolate has completely melted.
4. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vegetable oil, vanilla, and vinegar.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Pour the okara chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
7. Fold in with a spatula until mixed.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Adapted from V for Veggy