This flavorful combination of flours produces delicious whole grain pancakes that are truly fluffy— without the mushy interior usually associated with plant-based pancakes. Trust us!
- 1/3 cup (32g) Renewal Mill Upcycled Oat Milk Flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (48g) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (48g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- ¼ t fine sea salt
- 2 T (or less) organic sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T oil (we like expeller pressed sunflower or grapeseed oil)
- 1 cup soymilk (other plant-based milks may work)
- Whisk dry ingredients to blend. Add soy milk, vanilla, and oil. Mix as usual, without over mixing. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Cook on greased skillet medium to medium low heat. The pan should sizzle gently but not ferociously when the batter is dropped. Flip when the color on the bottom looks good.*
*Plant-based pancakes need to be cooked a little longer and on slightly lower heat than conventional pancakes.
Note: Varying the type and ratio of the flours will affect the fluffiness of the pancake—we suggest making it exactly as written first, before trying different combinations (because we know you want to!).