Makes 16 large heart-shaped cookies
- 1 bag of Renewal Mill's Upcycled Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes + more for topping
- Juice from 2 clementines
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar + more as needed
- Pour the entire bag of cookie mix into a large bowl.
- Add oil and water to the mix.
- Mix until well combined. Add the coconut flakes and mix again until evenly distributed.
- Roll 2-3 Tbsp of dough at a time into a ball and flatten. Push a cookie cutter into the dough and remove the excess dough from around the cookie cutter (returning the excess dough to the bowl). Gently lift cookie cutter to release the shaped dough.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the bake time.
- While cookies are baking, place the clementine juice in a small bowl. Slowly add powdered sugar, whisking as you add, until a thick glaze forms.
- When cookies are done baking, remove from cookie sheet and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Spread clementine glaze on the cookies and sprinkle with extra coconut if desired.
- Enjoy this sugar cookie tropical twist!
Special thank you to my Aunt Marcia for developing this recipe!