Makes 20 cookies
- 1 bag of Renewal Mill's Upcycled Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp strawberry extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Red food coloring, optional
- Freeze-dried strawberries for decoration
- Pour the entire bag of cookie mix into a large bowl.
- Add oil, water, and strawberry extract to the mix.
- Mix until well combined. Add the lemon zest and continue mixing for another 60 seconds.
- If desired, add red food color and continue mixing. You can leave it half-mixed to create a marbled effect or mix entirely to color the dough evenly.
- Roll dough into 20 even balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten cookies to approximately 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the bake time.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place freeze-dried strawberries on top and gently press into cookies.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy as a beautiful addition to your next afternoon tea or with a tall glass of lemonade.