Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
1 bag of Renewal Mill's Upcycled Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup of oil
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp strawberry extract
1 Tbsp lemon zest
Red food coloring, optional
Freeze-dried strawberries for decoration
1. Pour the entire bag of cookie mix into a large bowl.
2. Add oil, water, and strawberry extract to the mix.
3. Mix until well combined. Add the lemon zest and continue mixing for another 60 seconds.
4. If desired, add red food color and continue mixing. You can leave it half-mixed to create a marbled effect or mix entirely to color the dough evenly.
5. Roll dough into 20 even balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten cookies to approximately 2.5 inches in diameter.
5. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the bake time.
7. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place freeze-dried strawberries on top and gently press into cookies.
8. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on a rack to cool completely.
9. Enjoy as a beautiful addition to your next afternoon tea or with a tall glass of lemonade.