- 1 package Renewal Mill Upcycled Brownie Mix
- 12 Dandies Vegan Marshmallows (regular size)
- 1 cup Guittard Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Organic Raw Walnut Halves
- Neutral tasting oil
- Put a rack in the upper third and lower third of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch metal or foil pan.
- Prepare the brownie batter as described on the package and spread it in the prepared pan.
- Bake on the lower rack for 30 minutes.
- Break the walnut halves in half. Cut 12 marshmallows into quarters using an oiled knife or oiled scissors.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, leaving the oven on. Arrange the marshmallow pieces evenly over the top of the brownies. Sprinkle it with the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake on the upper rack for 10 to 15 minutes or until the marshmallows are starting to turn golden at the edges.
- Set the pan on a rack to cool completely before cutting the brownies. A knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry will help cut through sticky marshmallows!
Recipe created by James Beard Award-Winner and chocolate expert Alice Medrich alicemedrich.com