Rocky Road Upcycled Brownies
1 package Renewal Mill Upcycled Brownie Mix
12 Dandies Vegan Marshmallows (regular size)
1 cup Guittard Chocolate Chips
1 cup Organic Raw Walnut Halves
Neutral tasting oil
1. Put a rack in the upper third and lower third of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch metal or foil pan.
2. Prepare the brownie batter as described on the package and spread it in the prepared pan.
3. Bake on the lower rack for 30 minutes.
4. Break the walnut halves in half. Cut 12 marshmallows into quarters using an oiled knife or oiled scissors.
5. Remove the brownies from the oven, leaving the oven on. Arrange the marshmallow pieces evenly over the top of the brownies. Sprinkle it with the nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Bake on the upper rack for 10 to 15 minutes or until the marshmallows are starting to turn golden at the edges.
7. Set the pan on a rack to cool completely before cutting the brownies. A knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry will help cut through sticky marshmallows!
Recipe created by James Beard Award-Winner and chocolate expert Alice Medrich alicemedrich.com