**Note: All of the ingredients for this recipe can be purchased as a kit here!
- 1 pod Occo Kerinci cinnamon (save 2 extra pods Kerinci cinnamon for future baking!)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 package Renewal Mill Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 pod Occo Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 pod Occo cassia cinnamon
- 1 pod Occo Saigon cinnamon
- 1-2 pods Occo ancho chile
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp neutral tasting oil (such as grapeseed, sunflower, or vegetable oil)
- ¾ cup hot tap water
- A 9x9 or 8x8 square baking pan or glass baking dish, greased
- Heat the oven to 350 F (or 325 F, if using a glass baking dish).
- Mix the Kerinci cinnamon with the sugar and set aside for the topping,
- Pour the Renewal Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix into a large bowl. Stir in the Ceylon, cassia, and Saigon cinnamons. Add 1-2 pods ancho chili (depending on how spicy you want your brownies).
- Add oil and water. Mix until all the ingredients are moistened and the batter is thick and fudgy.
- Continue to mix and mash for an additional 60 seconds. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon sugar topping over the batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only a few brownie crumbs on it. Cool brownies completely before cutting.