We are so grateful to have the incredible Willa's Oat Milk as a staple in our kitchen! It's the perfect plant-based milk to use in almost all of our baking endeavors. We love them for many reasons. The oat milk is organic and nutritious (it has 4g of protein and 2g of fiber in an 8 oz cup) and the founders are rad. But most importantly, we love them because their process has no waste! They use the WHOLE OAT, which means more nutrition in the milk and no leftover pulp. That's kinda sad for us because we do love pulp but it's better for people and the planet. And honestly, we'd be happy to live in a world where we don't need to upcycle - that's would mean we're using everything we grow and that's ultimately what we all want. Here's one of our favorite, super easy recipes for a quick brownie banana bread loaf that works for just about any time of day!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Renewal Mill Upcycled Brownie Mix
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Willa's Oat Milk
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a mini loaf pan (like this one).
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats and brownie mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bananas and oat milk.
- Add the banana milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in walnuts if using.
- Scoop into loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean from one of the mini loaves).
- Allow loaves to cool in pan then pop out to serve.
- Enjoy! These are great for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack with a pick-me-up coffee.