“I always say, 'eat clean to stay fit; have a burger to stay sane.’”
- GIGI HADID
3/4 cup of okara flour
2 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of active dry yeast
1 cup of warm water (about 110℉)
1/3 cup of vegetable oil + 1-2 teaspoons
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add vegetable oil and sugar — let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Sift in the okara and all-purpose flours and form a soft dough with a spatula.
5. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic — about 3-5 minutes.
6. Put dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl (about 1-2 teaspoons of oil) and cover to let rise — about 45-60 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 425℉.
8. After the dough has risen, punch it down to remove some of the air pockets.
9. Form the dough into 12-15 slider-sized dough balls.
10. Place the dough balls on an oiled baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
11. Let bake for 8-12 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let cool — about 15-30 minutes.
13. Enjoy! Prepare with your favorite burger! We made ours with Beyond Meat’s Beyond Burger!