PUMPKIN SUGAR COOKIES
“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
— HENRY DAVID THOREAU
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup soymilk
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup organic okara flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons vanilla soymilk
4 tablespoons vegan butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons cold vegan butter
1. For the cookies, beat the powdered sugar, the butter, soymilk, and vanilla until well combined.
2. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and cream of tartar until blended.
3. Cover the dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each dough half to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into pumpkin shapes.
6. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
7. While cookies are cooling, beat icing ingredients together until smooth. Once cookies have cooled, decorate with the icing. Use sprinkles for added sparkle!
Adapted from Vegan Sugar Cookies from Betty Crocker.