1/2 cup organic okara flour
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, solid and cool
1/2 cups ice water
1. Place flours, salt, and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Add the coconut oil and either pulse in a food processor or cut in with a pastry cutter.
3. Add the ice water slowly while stirring, until the dough holds together when you squeeze a handful of it.
4. Turn dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a large circle. Flip the parchment paper and dough carefully into a pie dish. Press gently into pie dish and squeeze edges to make desired pattern.
5. Use as directed in your pie recipe!
Note 1: You can store the dough (wrapped in saran wrap) or the prepared dough in the pie dish in the fridge for short periods before you need to use them.
Note 2: For longer term dough storage, you can wrap in saran wrap and put in freezer and thaw before rolling out.
Note 3: This recipe makes enough dough for a bottom crust and a lattice top.
Adapted from Perfect Vegan Pie Crust from Food52.