Frosted Yum Yums
1 tablespoon ground flax
1 cup vegan butter (like Earth Balance)
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
½ cup okara flour
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped walnuts (or other nut of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the ground flax with 3 tablespoons water and set aside.
2. Beat together the butter and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Scrape sides of the bowl and beat for another minute. Add the flax mixture and beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together okara flour and all-purpose flour. Add to the sugar/butter mixture and beat until dough forms.
4. Turn dough onto a baking sheet, press out to ¼-inch thick, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
5. Immediately after removing from oven, spread chocolate chips on top of the cookie and let melt for a minute. Spread melted chocolate over cookie with spatula, then sprinkle nuts on top and let cool. Cut into 2-inch squares or other shape of choice.
This Schlemme family recipe offers a tasty way to try baking with okara flour.