1 tablespoon flax meal
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup okara flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup blackberries
1. Pre-Heat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Whisk flax meal with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water and set aside for 5 minutes. Then add milk.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
5. Cut room temperature coconut oil into the flour mixture.
6. Whisk the flask-milk mixture once more and add dry ingredients a little at a time.
7. Add blackberries and gently stir to incorporate.
8. Transfer to floured surface and form a 1 inch disc.
9. Cut unto 6 even wedges and sprinkle tops with a little more sugar.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown on the edges.
11. Enjoy warm!